White Sands National Monument, NM

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mission San Juan Capistrano (San Antonio TX)

Last time I was in San Antonio, I was only able to visit two of the beautiful missions.  This time, I was able to see the others.

Mission San Juan was originally founded in 1716 in eastern Texas.  It was transferred in 1731 to its present location.  In 1756, the stone church, a friary, and a granary were completed.



 
All of the missions are still working churches and have to be respected as such.  The inside is so ornate and beautiful.




 
These were 2 very sad dogs at the mission site.  I have noticed that there are a lot of stray, hungry dogs in and around San Antonio.  I went to buy these guys some food, but by the time I got back, they were gone and I couldn't find them.  My food didn't go to waste, as I found another hungry stray while looking for these 2.